- Jongla - Utility & productivity service for consumers
- Nimenhuuto.com - Entertainment service
- Punainen risti - Learning & education service
- Hill Climb Racing - Game
- BlindSquare - Service for end-users provided by start up
- Sanoma - Company excelling in mobile service utilization
- Meeting Assistant® - Utility & productivity service for companies
- Helsinki Airport - Public sector actor excelling in mobile service utilization
- Spot Digger - Android application
- Toto-mobiili - HTML5 service for consumers
- Linnanmäki - Windows 8 application
- Joining Hands 2 - Windows Phone application
- Math Elements - Novel mobile service with largest global potential
Last year, Teleforum RY together with its partner organizations arranged a competition for the best mobile service in Finland 2012. The competition gathered over 80 innovative application and mobile service nominees. This year the competition is bigger and better. It’s time to find out the best mobile services of 2013!
Best Mobile Service in Finland 2013 is organized in order to highlight the newest mobile innovations from Finland. The exponential growth of mobile services drives the number of new application arrivals - and we are here to find the very best of them. In addition, the competition aims to boost and give additional visibility to the whole Finnish mobile ecosystem in general. The competition is supported by the Minister of Housing and Communication, Pia Viitanen and numerous major sponsors, including Microsoft, Nokia, Google and Samsung.
This year’s jury will consist of Pia Viitanen (Minister of Housing and Communication), Jukka Viitasaari (The Federation of Finnish Technology Industries), Vesku Paananen (Microsoft Finland), Mikael Stendahl (Nokia), Pekka Sivonen (AppCampus), Johanna Wahlroos (Google Finland), Mika Engblom (Samsung) and Mika Jaakonaho (IBM).
The grand prize for the Novel Mobile Service with Largest Global Potential winner is a chance to promote their service to a global audience and press in a Mobile Monday Global Event, either in Europe (package for 2 persons in preferred location) or in Asia (package for 1 person in preferred location).
Other prizes in the competition include phones, gadgets and online marketing space and visibility for total value more than 20.000€!
Extra prizes and support from Nokia
Nokia provides free one month long promotional packages in Finland as part of the App Highlights -service and Windows Phone Store (Nokia Lumia) and/or Nokia Store (Nokia Series40/ASHA). Promotional package will be offered to finalists that publish their Windows Phone or Series40 applications before the prize-giving and get good grades - 3,5 stars or more. We could also have further possibilities of cooperation for services that do well.
On top of this Nokia may provide help with technical issues and test devices. You can find more info about this from the links below.
Nokia developer services:
- 4.3.2013 - Vuoden parhaiden mobiilipalveluiden etsintä käynnistyy jälleen
- 5.11.2013 - Parhaat suomalaiset mobiilipalvelut palkittiin